Daniel L. Freeland
Contact senior attorney Daniel L. Freeland
DANIEL L. FREELAND is the principal of the law firm of Daniel L. Freeland & Associates, P.C., located in Highland, Indiana, where he practices in the areas of bankruptcy reorganization, workouts and commercial bankruptcy. Mr. Freeland is certified by the American Board of Certification in business and consumer bankruptcy and is a member of its Board of Directors. He has spoken to various professional groups and at seminars on his areas of practice both on a state and national level. He is also a certified mediator in Indiana. He has been a panel Chapter 7 Trustee since 1978. Mr. Freeland received his B.A. and J.D. degrees from Valparaiso University. He is a member of the Lake County, Indiana State and American bar associations, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Commercial Law League
- BAR ADMISSIONS: State of Indiana Bar, 1971; United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana; 1974, United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana; 1975, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, Northern District of Illinois, 2002.
- ASSOCIATIONS: Lake County Bar Association; Indiana State Bar Association;
- MEMBERSHIPS: American Bar Association; Federal Bar Association; American Bankruptcy Institute; Commercial Law League, General & Insolvency Sections; National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees; American Board of Certified Attorneys (Director 2008-2011). American Board of Certification - Business Bankruptcy, 1992 to present; Panel of Trustees, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Indiana, Hammond Division 1979 to present;
- CERTIFICATIONS: American Board of Certification - Consumer and Business Bankruptcy, 1992 to present;
- PROFESSIONAL HONORS: AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSMby Martindale-Hubbell®
Selected as an Indiana Super Lawyer, Bankruptcy, 2009-2015
- CERTIFIED CIVIL MEDIATOR
MAJOR CASES/CLIENTS: Represented debtors and debtors-in-possession in major bankruptcies, including Rosalee Stores, Inc., U.S. Reduction Company, Brant Construction Company, Dedelow Construction Company, Metal Recovery Technologies, Inc., Machine Technologies, Inc., Lake Hills Golf & Country Club, Metro Metals Corporation, Kropp Equipment, Inc.
Represented creditors committees and creditors including Highland Department Stores, Standard Alloys, Highland Superstores, Calumet Construction Company, American LaFrance.
Acted as Chapter 7 Trustee in over 11,000 cases, including Ditkas of Merrillville, Inc., Gants Country Markets, Monon Corporation and Consolidated Industries, Inc. Prosecuted over 400 fraudulent transfer actions and complaints to revoke discharge. Acted as state court receiver and attorney for the assignee for the benefit of creditors in over 100 cases.
Major clients including: Cole Taylor Bank, Archer Bank, Peoples Bank, SB; American Trust & Savings Bank, CIB Bank, Witham Sales & Service, Inc.