Sheila A. Ramacci was admitted to both the Indiana and Illinois Bars in 1996. She is a graduate of Loras College, with a double major in political science and criminal justice, and the Valparaiso University School of Law with her Juris Doctorate. Her practice is principally concentrated in the areas of consumer and commercial bankruptcy law, commercial transactions, corporate winddowns, and representation of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy panel trustees. She joined the lawfirm of Daniel L. Freeland & Associates in 1998. From 2004 to 2006, she sat on the Board of the Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Section of the Indiana State Bar Association, serving as the Chair of the section in 2005 and 2006. Since 2003, Sheila has maintained the distinction of being board certified in Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification. She has been selected to speak at numerous seminars including "Bankruptcy Reform Update" hosted by NBI and at the Bankruptcy Consumer Seminar held by Chapter 13 Trustee, Paul Chael, on the topic of "Small Business Bankruptcy".
When not at work, Sheila is a busy wife and mother, and an active golfer who plays on numerous leagues and teams.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice.
- State of Indiana - 1996
- State of Illinois - 1996
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana - 1996
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern District of Illinois - 1996
Professional and Bar Association Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Board Certified Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- Author, “A Look at the Split in Authority on the Availability of the New Value Defense to a Trustee’s Preference Claim,” Cracking the Code, 1998